Homeowners today are more informed of the contaminates that can enter the municipal water supply and end up in the home’s water. They take more steps to improve the drinking water in their home, like in fridge filtered water or faucet filters. Unfortunately, most homeowners overlook the water they shower in, cook and clean with, and the potential damage to plumbing, fixtures, and appliances the hard/contaminated water can do. Not to mention if your home is on well water, where the contaminates are exponentially higher. The most effective, and by far most efficient way to bring clean water into your whole home’s plumbing system is through the installation of a Hague Quality Water whole home water filtration system. There are many benefits to a whole home water filtration system.
Below we have listed 5 of the top benefits of whole home water filtration:
1. Cost Effectiveness:
- While the upfront cost may seem higher for the purchase and installation of a Whole home water filtration system, the residual cost is minimal compared to the constant replacement of pricey in-line, faucet, or fridge water filters.
- Faucet Filters, Fridge Filters, and In-line Filters need to be changed every few months. The Hague Water Max whole home water filtration system has no filters that need to be changed and you only need salt added to the softener once or twice a year in most cases. This provides low maintenance and low residual cost over a long period of time.
- Appliances will last longer with filtered and softened water than with typical municipal water. The average life of your appliances can double with filtered water over well water.
- Plumbing will last longer with filtered and softened water that prevents build up and excessive wear.
2. More Thorough Filtration:
- Whole home water filtration systems are larger capacity, more complex filtration, and work with greater efficiency. Hague Water Max uses media not filters to remove contaminates and harmful particles from your water. The whole house water filter is connected to the main water line before it splits into the hot water heater. If you are on municipally supplied water, the typical contaminants of concern are chlorine and chemicals, sediment and hardness minerals. The types of contaminants typically found in a private well water supply are sediment, iron and hardness minerals and can vary from nuisance contaminants to toxic or damaging. It can handle all of those and more.
- There are so many typical contaminates in your water like lead, arsenic, nitrates, mercury, and many more. These can be very dangerous to your health as many of these heavy metals cause cancer.
3. Energy Savings:
- Filtered and Softened water cuts energy costs because appliances don’t strain as much to operate. Here’s why. Hard water contains minerals such as calcium and magnesium, which build up and clog appliances. A study released by the WQA (Water Quality Association), states the following;
- Gas water heaters: Each 5 grains per gallon of water hardness causes a 4 percent loss in efficiency and 4 percent increase in cost when using 50 gallons of hard water a day.
- Tankless water heaters: Softened water saves 40 to 57 percent on energy costs compared to hard water.
- Electric water heaters: Each 5 grains per gallon of water hardness causes 0.4 pounds of mineral buildup a year, shortening the life span of the heater.
- Good water filtration and softening equipment can extend the life of these appliances by 25 to 40 percent.
- The WQA study found some showerheads with hard water lost up to 75 percent of their flow rate in less than 18 months.
4. Your Body:
- Hard water can lead to dry and brittle hair and clogged pores, leading to drier skin.
- Chlorine is absorbed from the water into the body and can linked to Cancer. In a 1992 study that made front-page headlines, and was reported on in the July issue of the American Journal of Public Health researchers at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee found that people who regularly drink tap water containing high levels of chlorine by-products have a greater risk of developing bladder and rectal cancers than people who drink non-chlorinated water. The study estimates that about 9 percent of all bladder cancer and 18 percent of all rectal cancer cases are associated with long-term consumption of these by-products. This amounts to over 20,000 new cases each year.
- Filtered and Softened water will give you softer, cleaner skin. It also prevents buildup on hair that can flatten and weight hair down.
- Filtered and Softened water are better for drinking and washing because all of the contaminants that can pollute the body have been removed.
- Water is the universal solvent! When conditioned by Hague filters and softeners, water is in its highest-quality form. Using filtered and soft water reduces your cost of detergents, soaps, and cleaning supplies.
- Depending on the stain, softened water eliminates stains with 100 times more effectiveness than increasing temperature or detergent doses.
- With soft water, you can remove stains just as effectively with water temperatures at 60 degrees as you can with hard water at 100 degrees.
- You can reduce detergent use by as much as 50 percent with soft water and still clean clothes as effectively as a full dose of detergent and hard water.
- These cleaning studies also show that use of hand soap and body wash was more effective at cleaning the body when filtered and softened water are in use.
If these benefits are what you have been missing give Bizzy B Plumbing & Home Improvement a call to get you water tested and see what we can do for your homes water issues.